- Val and I celebrated our first year together in February (yes, our anniversary is coming up!)
- Val and I decided to adopt a pescetarian diet (she did it first and then I followed suit about a month later), meaning we gave up all animal products except for fish
- I completed my first triathlon in July. It was the sprint distance at the NJ State Triathlon which was comprised of a 500 meter swim, a 10.1 mile bike, and finishing with a 5k run (http://www.cgiracing.com/newjerseystatetri/Home.aspx)
- In November I ran my first marathon at the 19th annual Philadelphia Marathon
Just finished, holding up the Philly Mylar blanket!
Val ran the Philly Half that day as well as her aunt and cousin! Her uncle joined me for the marathon.
- I injured myself 2 days later and was out of running for about 2 and a half months. Despite my slower than hoped finish, I must have considered myself indestructible because I went out for a 9 mile run at about 07:30 pace after just 1 day of rest and as a result, the last mile I was hobbling home.