Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Catching up

Happy Thursday everybody! I've been pretty bust the past couple of days,but I seriously missed this! I was getting observed by my supervisor today at the middle school so I've been trying to perfect the lesson that I was to be teaching. Time well spent, I'd say...She loved it!

In the meantime, the same race organizers from the Tesla Hertz Ultramarathon that took place back in October announced that registration for their Fat Ass was officially open; I guess that Facebook "I'll be there" wasn't enough for them! For those of you who don't know, a "fat ass" running event means that there are "no fees, no awards, no aids, no wimps." In other words, running the event is free and the event is entirely self-supported which means no water or aid/snack stations.

This particular run is called the Happily Running Fat Ass and will be run on the same 10 mile loop as Tesla..I think. Needless to say, I registered on Monday for this January 11th event and am planning to run the full 50 miles (runners can run however many miles they want). I honestly can't express how excited I am for winter break right now and not only because of the, well, break part. For anybody interested in a freezing cold, early morning, but otherwise life-memorable experience, I encourage you to check out their Facebook page by clicking on the link below. As for my training, I will be including as much of it as I can in my posts until the race including my fuel intake for those curious what a vegan diet looks like during 50-60+ mile weeks.                    
                                          https://www.facebook.com/events/554429074626206/


I haven't been able to share any of the news articles I've been reading these past couple of days so I'll take the rest of this post to share some of them with you! 


If you suffer from the pleasure of coffee-drinking like I do, you might want to consider this article: http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-for-runners/why-you-might-want-to-avoid-afternoon-coffee
HappyCoffee 
Of course I suggest this article as I'm drinking my PM cup of coffee!

If you are worried about childhood obesity, children's health, encouraging our youth to exercise, then please please please check this article out: http://www.runnersworld.com/health/kids-aerobic-fitness-said-to-decline-dramatically

And lastly, if you're interested in how to please a vegan this Thanksgiving or to share in the beauty of a cruelty-free Thanksgiving feast, then check out this article: http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/11/20/vegan-holiday-recipes/

Until next time everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment