Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Quick post

This post is a quick one. I have GOT to get used to these shorter days! Between teacher orientation, to fitting in time at my local Y--where I opened up a membership to incorporate swimming into my training--and grading essays for my other part-time job, my hours have rapidly diminished. But...I am not complaining. I'm very grateful for my job and for having a sense of purpose back in my daily routine!

I was very ecstatic to see the results were posted from Saturday's 6 hour race:


I officially got in 38.74 miles in about 5 hours and 54 minutes (the remaining 6 minutes were run off the course because they stopped runners at 10 minute countdown mark due to the inability to finish the 1.5 mile loop in time for it to count). This comes out to about a 9:08 per mile pace. Given that this data was gathered by the timing chip attached to my shoe and not the rubberband lap-counting method they also employed, I take it that my Garmin was indeed experiencing some difficulties tracking me in the woods. I ended up running faster and more than what my Garmin had me at...Sweet!



Next, please check out these two articles. The first is from VegNews.com regarding Detroit and PETA. The second is from Runner's World  which features a crazily-shaped track in China. My thoughts: What the!?



Tomorrow I will be posting some pictures from a lunch outing Val and I took in Red Bank, NJ to try out The Cinnamon Snail vegan food truck for the first time! If you don't know about this food truck, it has just recently become the #1 place to eat in NYC according to Yelp's 2014 (its first) poll and the #4 spot in the whole country. That's just ridiculously incredible and to top it off...it's right in Red Bank every Sunday, but I don't know if it's through the Winter as well. Google it! But check out their website here and be sure to find them on Facebook because they update their schedule and hours weekly!


 
Here I am enjoying my breakfast platter from The Cinnamon Snail. 

That's all for today!

Happy Running!...or whatever else you love to do!






No comments:

Post a Comment