Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

All Jacked Up!


I'm a bit drained from having a lot of reading and essay correcting to complete this week so this is going to be a short and sweet post today. 

I introduce to you...the Jackfruit

To watch a video on how to cut open a jackfruit, click here (link opens to Youtube). 


Val introduced me to the Jackfruit last week. She saw one at a local grocery store and showed me some Youtube clips of people trying to open the fruit. She went ahead and bought her own to try out.

This isn't even as big as they get. She might have needed one of those BJ's bed carts if it was any bigger!


How cool is this??!! No, I did not take this picture. Jackfruit are typically grown in South and Southeast Asia.

I ran a 7 mile run this morning with some fartleks  to keep to the speedwork theme of the week. I decided to run again later on in the afternoon, but when I was laced up and ready to go, I got an idea to bike instead. I haven't biked outside (not counting biking to class) in about a year so I knew I couldn't bike for too long. After 15 minutes of biking back and forth on a .7 mile road near my house I headed back to my house and went for a 3 mile run. Triathletes and cross-trainers call this a "brick" because when you run after biking, your legs feel like bricks. This was DEFINITELY the case today, but it was still a good workout. 

Almost ready for my 6 hour run in Danville, PA Saturday morning!

Can't wait!

That's all for today.  Happy Running.

PS: If you leave a Chia Pod in a hot car overnight and think that sticking it back in the fridge for a few days will somehow reverse what the heat did...you will regret trying to see if your efforts worked. Trust me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment