Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Friday, February 14, 2014

What falls from the sky, is white, and is seriously challenging my training??

Snow day # ....IDK! There have been too many! What did the snowstorm do for me yesterday? Well I was able to catch up on some homework that has just been sitting on my desk (and table and coffee table). The kitchen needed a good sweeping too so got that out of the way.

But a good run is what I needed the most and did that happen? As much as I'd like to say that I was crazy enough to go out in the blizzard-like snowfall and brave the storm, it didn't happen. Val and I expended 0 energy yesterday unless you are desperate (like us) and decide to count getting up from the couch to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner as doing squats. Speaking of dinner though...going out for Valentine's had a bit of a different look this year.

I'd be lying to you if I maintained the fib that we actually cooked dinner as I previously alluded to. No...it wouldn't have been a true snow day unless we ordered in for dinner, subsequently making a delivery person deal with the outside elements instead of us! We're awful people, I know! But the tip was pretty good.

So our dinner of choice: the vegan pizza ( Teese brand soy mozzarella cheese) that I have wrote about a couple times already.


The Bronzino AKA. Heaven in a box: eggplant, pepper, onion and garlic.

I don't even want to write about the line of events that this pizza sparked. Let's just say they involved chocolate chips, some peanut butter, bananas and raisins. Hey! We had fruit!!

As for the news I've come across the past few days, check out some of these below:

This message at Chicago's Rush University Medical Center has since been covered by parked cars.



How cool would it be if you got to try out Google Glass during class? (quite the Dr. Seuss)



That's all for today! Hopefully the ice isn't too bad out there as my phone is showing me 37 degrees and I am feeling good about a run!

Happy Running!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment