Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Friday, February 21, 2014

Back!!!

Ahhh it's been way too long! First, I have to apologize to my readers (if I'm lucky enough to even have any "readers").

You ever get into a exercise rut? I used to get into them at least 3-4 times a year where I just didn't want to do anything that requires putting on workout clothes. And the annoying thing is that you don't intend for it to get that bad. You take a day off, then something happens on day 2 and so you tell yourself: "Definitely back at it tomorrow!" And then that tomorrow comes around and you're already so used to all that extra time you have by not exercising that you find any reason (excuse) to not lace up.

Well that's how it was this past week with blogging. Sadly, I don't have any legitimate reasons for not posting other than I let night snowball into however many nights its been. I mean, I guess I could say I've been really busy and that would be the truth. I can't even pretend that I've been watching or even keeping up with the Olympics these past two weeks.

School work has definitely picked up and substitute teaching and essay correcting for another job has definitely taken up much of my non-school time. I've even had to put in my two weeks notice at the YMCA I've been working weekends for for the past year just so I can get a breather each week. It's going to be weird actually having a Saturday to do what I want and not have to request off or find coverage to run a race or go out with Val. I'm even missing out on New York's Vegetarian Food Festival next weekend due to work, which seriously bites! Hopefully Val will get to go and enjoy it for the both of us.

Speaking of weekend plans, Val and I are heading to Philly on Sunday for the 2014 Endurance Sports Expo (http://www.endurancesportsexpo.com/) and we are so excited (If she could edit my blog she would say she's more excited than I am. Val: That's just because I haven't had time this week to even think about the expo!). Some of the seminars we'll be experiencing on Sunday are:

Run Stride Analysis (I'm skeptical of the accuracy, due to the likeliness they will be using a treadmill. Still interesting to see though.)

Run Training and Technique.

There are other cycling seminars and a swimming one or two that I know Val (the triathlete of this couple) is very excited for as is her uncle who is also very into triathlons. I have two triathlons under my belt and I gotta be honest, I'm satisfied for now. I've decided it's all running for me this year. 

Speaking of running and triathlon, check this article out about a 21 year old who was a stud high school runner and has since returned from serious injury to only become a stud triathlete: http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/lukas-verzbicas-joins-team-new-balance

But anyway, I'll definitely be posting about what we see and do on Sunday at the Expo and I promise I'll have plenty more pics then I'm sharing tonight (Considering that's 0, I guess I only have to share like 2-3??).


Before I end this post, I have to leave you with cautionary advice and a laugh (or not, if you're sensitive to what happens) all rolled in one video: Enjoy

 Happy Running! 

P.S. Idk why, but Val and I are in some kind of tempeh phase these past few weeks. I mean we have always enjoyed it and it wasn't unusual to see it in our fridge, but now we're running through about 3 packages of tempeh a week (a lot for us) and I can't say that I don't like it (obviously!). If you've never had tempeh (If you don't know how to pronounce it, it's likely you've never had it) then please get to your local food store, head to the tofu section and pick up a pack of tempeh (might want to confirm that they have it first). While you're there, pick up a container of tofu as well. Both foods are soy products and serve as excellent substitutes for meat and even better sources of protein. Tempeh has a wonderful grainy texture that gives it a meat-like feel while you're eating it which is perfect for new vegetarians/vegans or those on the fence about making this (positive) lifestyle alteration.

Whew! Longest postscript ever! 








No comments:

Post a Comment