Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

That "vegan" runner...remember?

Quick post tonight...can't spend 30 minutes or more writing up a post tonight.

During my 6 miler a couple hours ago I thought about the last time I talked about anything vegan on the blog....it's been quite a while! Well everybody...I do have some vegan updates for you all:

Update #1 : I had the most incredible tempeh-potato dish ever a couple of weeks ago. Val and I decided to hit up Philly last Sunday (yes, when we go to hip, cool cities we do so on the weekend...during the afternoon) and knew we were in for a treat. 

We visited two vegan joints: Pure Sweets & Co. and Vegan Commissary. 

  
At Pure Sweets & Co, we found the decor to be beautiful, but the prices to be outrageous. We paid (yep...still bought some food) just over $20 for a 10 ounce bottle of freshly squeezed juice and two small cookies. Val and I have had better and bigger cookies for half the price we paid so needless to say--although I'll still say it--we won't be heading back there anytime soon.

 Please visit!

Vegan Commissary was just fantastic. Val got a breakfast sandwich/burrito (can't remember which) and I got the Veggs Damien which used a vegg egg and vegg yolk in the dish. This was my and Val's first experience with Vegg and I very much enjoyed the egg-substitute.

 

Something interesting about the place...no menus!

 You have to look up the menu on your phone or use the large chalkboard menu as a reference. And yes, I took this picture off of Google images. Thank you unknown photographer!



Okay that's all for now. Get out to Philly and grab some vegan grub! 

Our Philly vegan experiences so far include:
  • HipCityVeg (vegan meets fast food...and falls in love)
  • Vedge (fine dining)
  • Vegan Commissary (didn't mention this earlier, but we went for brunch. Our favorite!)
  • Pure Sweets & Co. 

Happy Running..and eating!



1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you had the opportunity to go to Vedge! I recently borrowed their cookbook from the library, and the recipes, while labor intensive, were some of the most incredible and beautiful uses of vegetables I've ever eaten. I now regularly make an eggplant dish inspired by one of their recipes!

    ReplyDelete