Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Monday, September 8, 2014

Philly M here I come!

Trying to get back into the swing of things with this here blog.

Have you heard of Badwater 135? It's the famous (or infamous) 135 mile ultramarathon held in Death Valley in July. It's sort of been on my bucket list...was never really sure if it would ever be realistic for me to pursue it as training for the race would just be all-consuming. Temps soar past 110 degrees! It' just nuts...and that's the very reason Badwater as it has previously been held has been banned due to the serious risks to participants. Ahh well..bet my dad would be glad to hear this news!

Philly Marathon training is off to a great start! Had an amazing 3 hour run on Saturday morning and managed 21 miles. I think the incredible vibes of Rutgers campus on opening day of the football season definitely added to my energy levels. I had a feeling that I was going to really feel it in my legs the next day and I wasn't wrong.

My legs were as tight as can be yesterday morning, but I knew I had to stick to the plan...so of course I modified it a bit and took off a mile and a half. Ran the best 8.5 miles I've ever run. No need to get into the nitty gritty, but I was quite pleased!

But I have nothing to be as pleased with than Jaden  Click on the link to read about this little guy's accomplishment!
 Jaden Merrick

Also! Christina the Athletarian got back to me about an interview and is open to me asking her questions. So I will finally be reaching out to her regarding these questions shortly! Check out her blog!

That's all for tonight! Have to get some planning done.

Happy Running!




No comments:

Post a Comment