Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

News Blast!


The charter school I work at (my first teaching job!!) has a DIY kind of environment. Don't get me wrong, if you need help there's plenty of people to ask and there are extremely kind and hard-working maintenance staff as well, but the numbers are minimal. Because of this, we've been moving desks and chairs and tables and everything else for the past week. 


Today, I carried about 25 desks up two flights of stairs after we finished at 4. Then I had to organize my room a bit and didn't get home until 6, so I figured I needed to drop my desire to run and use today as a rest day so I can get more planning work done before the kids come on Monday. So I guess the same shall apply to my blogging, but I just love you all so much that I decided to treat you all to a news blast instead!

Enjoy! (Pics definitely not mine!)


First and foremost, you have to watch this Under Armour ballerina video if you haven't already. 


  • Gluten-Free peeps, check this out!


  • White House graced by Meb's presence!Meb Keflezighi at White House dinner 

  • Came across this on Health.com. Why it struck my eye: the author uses almond milk and doesn't mention "vegan". Sweet!


  • You either have to leave really early to beat traffic on race-morning or you have to suffer through it. Don't like either of these scenarios??



  • Yesterday, the running community (minus me) celebrated and honored Joan Benoit Samuelson for her amazing achievement 30 years ago.
  • Joan Benoit crosses the finish line


No comments:

Post a Comment