Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Friday, June 5, 2015

Happy NDD and Happy Birthday to my better half



Happy National Donut Day!!

Okay, I'm cheating. This picture was actually taken in February when we went to Portland's famous (famous may be too strong of a word here, but oh well!) Voodoo Donuts for the first time. GF they are not but vegan they are. They reminded me of the Dunkin Donuts donuts I used to have before I started to become health conscious (and vegan of course). I have a PB&J donut which I wasn't a big fan of, but Val's got the winner: a maple frosted Bavarian creme which was purely delicious and oh so calorically (I swear that's a word even though Google Chrome is telling me otherwise) abundant. I'll try and get there tonight to celebrate NDD right although we do have other plans tonight. (See you non-vegan readers who think vegans only eat lettuce! Val and I can really live it up when it comes to food! Admittedly, we're already an old-married couple when it comes to anything else that "living it-up" could apply to.)

We will be enjoying some fine vegan Italian dining at Portobello Trattoria tonight to celebrate Val's birthday! She's 23 today so please join me in wishing her a "Happy Birthday" on the count of 3. 1...2...3....Happy Birthday Val!

Aww...Thanks for the cake everyone!

So yesterday I did indeed go play some soccer. I was so close to not going. I did a quick track workout (800, 400, 800, 400, 200, 200) and then a steep hill climb and all the while, watched the traffic I'd be sitting in crawl down the main street near me. So I made a big 2 1/2  bowls full of buckwheat, avocado, and beans for dinner and was about to call it a night, but it was only 7 and the sun was still very high so I had to get back out there. So off to soccer I went and was pleased to find them playing 5v4 on a small field set-up with small nets. I definitely don't think I could have played a full field after a track workout and a pretty big dinner. It felt great to get some easy play in and shake out any lactic acid that was still built up in my legs after the workout. And yes! I did some light stretching afterward, but play was very recreational that I didn't need to much. Feeling great today! Ready for some vegan restaurant food and delicious dessert!

That's all I'm posting about today. Keeping it low-key. I have a long run tomorrow morning and I'll hopefully get in 4 hours which will be between 27-30 miles. Body can handle it. Have to get my mind back into it! Maybe I'll post something tomorrow. If not, check back in on Monday! 

Happy Running! 






No comments:

Post a Comment