Food = Energy

Food = Energy

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Newly Hired and Re-inspired!!

I'm back!

First off...this:                      Displaying IMG_0268.png

Ok let's just get this out there for all you Jaimee's out there: runners can't run in long shorts! At least, we shouldn't. Short shorts give runners' legs more mobility and quite frankly, the limited fabric just feels so nice! I love me my 3 inch inseam shorts. I even fold the waist down when I'm feeling really good!


As the title hints: I am proud to have accepted my first teaching position for the 2014-2015 school year. The past 5 months have been absolutely crazy in terms of how much time I spent looking for jobs, let alone trying to finish grad school.

Well friends, the deed is done and I could not be more happier with where I have landed: Trenton, NJ. Right in my backyard (I reside in Hamilton, NJ). I might even have an opportunity to coach soccer which was my life-long sport before my current life-long sport took its place...hope that makes sense.

Okay....let's get to this running business.

So I've been waiting for this moment for about 8 months or so and it's finally here. I have registered for my next ultra marathon: Montour 24. It is the Montour Commission's inaugural run of this magnitude and while it's main event is the 24 hour, I have opted to run its much less daunting, little, tiny version of itself: the 6 hour. What I think is still going to come around and bite me in the rear end of my you-know-what is that I and other visiting and loco...I mean local...runners will be running on a 1.5 mile looped course. Yes. 1 and a half miles. For 6 hours. Just going around. And around. And around. And around...you get the idea.

Best part? I paid to do this. But I gotta be honest...I'm kidding myself if I say I'm not absolutely psyched to finally get back into ultra running. Just training alone has gotten me into a much better mood about my fitness; the increased sun exposure helps a lot too.

And living at home has been great for my diet as well. Basically I am fortunate enough to be back with my parents while I save up for a year. As such, my Whole Foods shopping dad has been stocking up on raw nut mixes, fruits, and veggies like he's feeding a family of 4 again. And since my sister is out on her own with her family, I guess I'll just be eating the other plate. No problem here.

That's all for now.

Here's to hoping you all get out and run this summer! If you're in the area, it's going to be a beautiful weekend for some outdoor exercising!

Happy Running!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment